- Due to its high calcium and phosphorus content, regular consumption of masoor dal can help maintain skeletal health. Thus, if you want stronger bones and teeth, masoor dal should be in your grocery list.
- The masoor dal nutritional profile, with its low-calorie count and high fibre content, promotes a feeling of fullness and satiety. It reduces appetite, which makes it an excellent food for those watching their weight.
- It boosts the production of red blood cells in the blood, which are necessary for purifying blood and delivering oxygen to the cells. Additionally, since masoor dal is an iron-rich food, it is excellent for pregnant or anaemic women.
- Since the glycaemic index and glycaemic load of masoor dal are low, and it contains a healthy amount of fibre, it is an excellent food ingredient for diabetes management. Its properties control the blood sugar spike and lower insulin sensitivity.
- Masoor dal’s high fibre content also lowers cholesterol in the blood and promotes heart and cardiovascular health.
- The presence of powerful antioxidants in masoor dal nutrition makes it an excellent food for your skin health. Accordingly, you can choose to consume masoor dal or apply it topically to gain its benefits.
- Given that masoor dal is rich in vitamins A, C, and E, it is extremely helpful in maintaining healthy eyesight and vision. It may even protect your eyes from muscle degeneration and cataract.
- Vitamin C, manganese, zinc, antioxidants, and other bioactive compounds present in masoor dal boost immunity. On the other hand, it also sharpens our senses of smell and taste.
- You can soak and cook masoor dal into a dry mixture that you can stuff inside rotis and make parathas.
- Red lentil soup is highly nutritious, and you can increase this value by adding other ingredients such as millets and barley to it.
- Soak the masoor dal overnight, grind it into a paste, season it with spices and ginger-garlic paste. Use this batter to make masoor dal chilla.
- Swap out the moong dal with masoor dal to make masoor dal khichdi. You may even add both moong and masoor dal to your khichdi.
- To make a masoor dal face pack, soak the dal overnight and grind it into a thick paste. Add a few tablespoons of raw milk to it and apply it to your face in circular motions. Let it sit for 20 minutes then wash it off with cold water. Pat dry your skin.
Daal Masoor Washed
₨48 – ₨196
- Provides energy
- Excellent source of vegetarian protein
- Keeps your heart healthy
- Diabetic friendly
- Improves Insulin Response
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- High Fiber
- Weight loss
1000 Grams, 250 Grams, 500 Grams
SKU: N/A Category: Daal